June 14, 2010

Farewell My Friend

image I learned this morning that my long-time friend and colleague Dan Hayworth passed away yesterday.  He was a great person and I will miss him. 

He always used the line of “Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered” when we’d discuss taxes and planning. He was quite the kidder, but the best CPA I’d ever met.

Heck, it was only Friday of last week when we had last had lunch together.  (We’d always meet at Undercliff to save us both some travel time.)  We talked taxes.  We talked politics.  It was the usual.

Who was Dan Hayworth?  I’ll let him answer in his own words (from the Joplin Business Journal in an article about Dan a few months ago):

So, who is Dan Hayworth? "I think that Dan Hayworth is a very fortunate individual with a great wife, a great family, and a great job. I have a chance to, hopefully, make a difference in the community and area. I enjoy being able to see people that I have been able to help succeed and prosper. It's been rewarding to see that kind of  positive influence. "

Farewell Mr. Hayworth.  You left us too soon.

1 comment:

  1. Dan Hayworth and I were partners together. He was tax/consulting, I was auditing, which usually take very different attitudes, but I found in our many discussions that we had a lot of the same outlooks on whatever the subject matter was.

    I respected Dan for his dedication to his pursuits. Dan was a leader in his profession and in the community. He was an idea person, always looking to help others. If you needed help, he was willing to spend the time to help you. You could always count on an honest answer from Dan.

    Dan was a kind and very caring person. He cared about his family, his clients, the community, his co-workers, and all who crossed his path. Dan was always looking out for the “youngsters” (as he called them) – wanting to help lead those just starting out in their careers.

    Dan was a unique individual and he will be greatly missed. My prayers are with his family and friends.

    THANK YOU, DAN!!! It was a pleasure to know and work with you these many, many years. We will all miss you but I have faith that you will be in the arms of peace and tranquility. ENJOY!!!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated before being posted. Postings are at the sole discretion of the blog moderator. Anonymous postings are no longer allowed. I encourage your comments, but put you name on the bottom line!