July 29, 2010

Potential for Higher Insurance Rates Confirmed by Local Insurance Agent

 

Local American Family agent Josh Hughes has posted some answers on a local internet site related to the impact of potential cuts in Neosho’s budget.  The current Neosho budget is facing a $1.2 million shortfall for next year if voters do not approve a proposed property tax ceiling increase on August 3rd.

Josh’s post included the following:

“…I ran some numbers on a $100,000 dollar house on a few different scenarios. What I came up with was 4 different quotes all going from a town class 5 to a town class 8. All four increased between $180.00 a year up to $400.00 a year.

Compare that to the $190 a year that the same home would pay in increased property taxes at the maximum $1.00 ceiling.

During my presentations, I’ve been pointing out the possibility of such increases if a cut in fire protection happens.  I appreciate Josh’s comments.  It helps confirm that my comments are not scare tactics, but rather a potential reality we will all face.

The entire thread of comments can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated before being posted. Postings are at the sole discretion of the blog moderator. Anonymous postings are no longer allowed. I encourage your comments, but put you name on the bottom line!