February 10, 2010

Rumors Circulate about Neosho Forums

If you haven’t noticed, the website NeoshoForums.com seems to be off the air…at least it has been for a couple of days now.  I’m not sure what exactly is happening, but I’ve heard a few rumors.

While some may not like the forums for their tone and sometimes critical opinions (and I’ve been on the receiving end of their criticisms both on the council and during my former life on the Neosho R-5 school board), the site has been a place to watch (and read) some local discussions of issues facing our town, our state, and our nation.  And while no one ever agrees on everything (just insert Washington DC here if you need to), a sharing of differing ideas and opinions has been a part of our country for over 200 years.  (I think there’s even something about open and free speech in a document our founding fathers signed.)

Anyway, I hope things get worked out for them.  Regardless of if you like their views or not, they are an example of what makes our country what it is.  On the national level we have the Fox News’s and CNN’s of the world. In Neosho, we have NeoshoForums.com.  Personally, I don’t care what any of them say.  I’m capable of making an informed decision on my own.  Sometimes we agree.  Sometimes we don’t.  But either way, we’re all entitled to our own opinions…at least that’s my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated before being posted. Postings are at the sole discretion of the blog moderator. Anonymous postings are no longer allowed. I encourage your comments, but put you name on the bottom line!