March 14, 2010

Government endorses “Great Recession” Title?

I was going through my emails on Friday to see the latest numbers on employment and productivity.  With the ease of email, I often get many more emails than I want to read, but I filter through them and pick out the important stuff.  I was surprised to find the words “Great Recession” in a Dept. of Labor email summarizing the latest unemployment numbers.  It was used in a context of “…since the Great Recession started last year, the US economy has…”. 

I’ve done some searching online and can find no official declaration of our current economic woes as the “Great Recession”.  I suppose some employee of the department took some liberties with the capitalization.  I’ll be curious to see if any of the news networks pick up on the subtleness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated before being posted. Postings are at the sole discretion of the blog moderator. Anonymous postings are no longer allowed. I encourage your comments, but put you name on the bottom line!