May 17, 2010

Miss USA Contestant Booed for Supporting Immigration Laws

I continued to be amazed at the outcry over Arizona’s attempts to enforce immigration laws in their own state.  The last event was during this year’s Miss USA pageant.  The crowed booed when Miss Oklahoma answered a question about Arizona’s new law that requires state police to stop and question possible undocumented immigrants.

Her answer:

"I'm a huge believer in states' rights. I think that's what's so wonderful about America…So I think it's perfectly fine for Arizona to create that law."

I guess I would have posed this question instead: “What’s wrong with enforcing laws for immigration and requiring those that want to come to our country to do so in compliance with US law?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated before being posted. Postings are at the sole discretion of the blog moderator. Anonymous postings are no longer allowed. I encourage your comments, but put you name on the bottom line!