December 7, 2009

Dickens Christmas - A Fun Time

I'm not sure how the food tasted or how the sales went for vendors, but I can tell you the kitchen was a 'rockin' at the annual Dickens Christmas.  Jeff Werneke, Rick Rogers, Laura Lyerla, Jody Cornett (the new manager at Wal-Mart), and myself spent 4+ hours cooking pancakes and sausage for the event.  We cooked over 400 pancakes and sausage links and everyone that showed up got to eat.  The event is put on annually by the Neosho Chamber of Commerce with donations from a number of local businesses. 

Personally, I handled all of the sausage.  Rick, Jeff, and Laura were full-time on the packcake griddles.  Jody burned off the calories running between the kitchen and the serving table.  I supplemented pancake capacity on and off during the morning.

Thank you Jody and Wal-Mart for donating all of the food and supplies.  Thank you Debbie Werneke for helping organize the event.  Thank you Rick Rogers for the great music, great pictures, and teaching me that measuring spoons are only a convenience, not a necessity.

My daughter (and many others) went home with a customized stocking and a full belly.  She did, however, inform me that the real Santa wasn't on the stage.  After all, he didn't look anything like the 'real' Santa at the mall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated before being posted. Postings are at the sole discretion of the blog moderator. Anonymous postings are no longer allowed. I encourage your comments, but put you name on the bottom line!