December 26, 2009

Sometimes I Amaze Myself

This is the aftermath of two attempts up a snow-covered driveway...when you don't make it. I often laugh at myself for doing not-so-smart things. This is one of my better performances.

If you look closely, you can count each the five strands of barb wire that snapped, one by one, as the trailer went through.

Good news...no blood and no bent steel. It makes for a great Christmas story.


**Updated Clarification**

Since I've been ask a few times now, I'll clarify - the trailer and I were heading backwards down the hill after losing momentum on the icy drive - at that point, I was along for the ride. The trailer took a left through the fence. The photo shows where I stopped.

3 comments:

  1. Hint, first you use tractor to clear off drive, then you pull up it. Hindsight is always best:).

    David Holley

    ReplyDelete
  2. David:

    I've driven that hill for years without any trouble. But that was with the Ford. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The gate is needed in the "OTHER" field

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated before being posted. Postings are at the sole discretion of the blog moderator. Anonymous postings are no longer allowed. I encourage your comments, but put you name on the bottom line!