December 7, 2009

'Highest Duty' is a Great Read


During my Asia trip last week, I used some of my spare time to read 'Highest Duty' by Sully Sullengerger.  He was the captain of US Air flight 1549 that crashed into the Hudson earlier this year.  I'm not a big reader, but I found the 300+ page book to be very well written and it kept my attention for the entire 4 hour read.

Even if you're not a big reader, I'd recommend the book.  It provides a unique perspective into his life, his challanges, and his handling of an event most don't live to talk about.

As a side note, today's USA Today has an interesting article on bird strikes and aviation.  Some of you might enjoy it as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated before being posted. Postings are at the sole discretion of the blog moderator. Anonymous postings are no longer allowed. I encourage your comments, but put you name on the bottom line!