August 23, 2010

Crime Doesn’t Stop Just Because We Have Fewer Officers

As most would expect, crime in Neosho isn’t going away just because we have fewer police officers on duty due to ongoing budget struggles.

I’ve spent some time looking through the email updates I receive everyday on the work of the Neosho PD and their fight against crime.  Below is recap of “incidents” just from the weekend:

Catagories include:

Burglary

Property Damage

Interference with Custody

Assault/Domestic Violence

Trespassing

Disturbance

Driving While Intoxicated

Stealing

I know of no other duty of a city as important as that of providing for the safety and security of our town.  That includes ensuring our police force is properly staffed and equipped to do the job they do.  I’m hopeful that solutions are in the works that will put more police officers and fire fighters back to work in Neosho…although in my mind it cannot happen soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated before being posted. Postings are at the sole discretion of the blog moderator. Anonymous postings are no longer allowed. I encourage your comments, but put you name on the bottom line!