August 6, 2010

My Letter to Gov. Nixon This Morning

Governor Nixon:

Last night, my city announced we were cutting half of our police and fire department staff due to ongoing budgetary problems.  While I don't expect miracles, if there were ever a text book example of where government could help to save police and fire jobs, Neosho, Missouri is that place.

With the billons of $$ our federal government is spending, I found no one offering to help when I called them today.  I am sharing this story so you are aware of latest happenings in the small towns of our fine state.

Thank you for the job you are doing.  While the political designations on the ends of our names are not the same, I think you have done a great job as Governor.  Keep up the good work, sir.

Please keep our city of Neosho in your prayers.

Regards,

Richard Davidson
Mayor, Neosho, Missouri

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated before being posted. Postings are at the sole discretion of the blog moderator. Anonymous postings are no longer allowed. I encourage your comments, but put you name on the bottom line!