October 24, 2009

Blogging in China ain't the easiest thing to do

Despite China being more open than ever before, the government still enjoys a firm hold on monitoring and filtering information that comes into the country via the internet. There are may US websites that cannot be accessed from China, this site included. Luckily, technology allows a workaround.

In order for me to post to my blog while in China, I have to work through a computer in the US. In other words, I connect my laptop in China thru the internet to a computer in my home. I then work on my home computer as if I were setting there.

It's not the fastest and poor connections make it even worse, but it allows me to do what I need to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated before being posted. Postings are at the sole discretion of the blog moderator. Anonymous postings are no longer allowed. I encourage your comments, but put you name on the bottom line!