October 15, 2009

Lunch with the Speaker of the House

I always enjoy meeting people who are high up in politics.  Today was no exception.  I was one of a dozen or so local business owners who had a roundtable luncheon with our Missouri Speaker of the House Ron Richard.  Now that may not excite some of you, but Speaker Richard is a powerful man in Missouri politics.  As someone who follows politics, even I know you don't wind up in that spot without being good at what you do and knowing how to make things happen.  

I have to say that Speaker Richard was a very direct and upfront kind of guy.  He didn't sugar coat any answers and cut right to the bone by telling you exactly how he felt on the issues.  That is rare in politics today and I applaud him for his style. 

Thanks, Mr. Speaker, for taking the time to visit Neosho and thanks for doing your part to make Missouri the best it can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated before being posted. Postings are at the sole discretion of the blog moderator. Anonymous postings are no longer allowed. I encourage your comments, but put you name on the bottom line!