October 21, 2009

Nighttime TV in China

As my body does its best to work thru the time-zone changes, I've had the privilege of watching a little early-AM television in China. CCTV (China Central Television) dominates. And while I haven’t seen a Chinese Billy Mays, I’ve come close.

The first infomercial I saw was for a hair tonic for bald men. Even though I don’t understand much Chinese, the marketing folks did a good job of conveying the message. This particular tonic shows one hair turning into three. I’ll have to say it looks very promising. After all, you know the pictures are always real and never doctored.

I’ve also watched two shop-at-home channels. It appears the Chinese like watches and lotions. That’s all I’ve seen on those channels. Same cheap-looking mirror base that spins. Same glistening sparkle from the metal frame. HSN – watch out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated before being posted. Postings are at the sole discretion of the blog moderator. Anonymous postings are no longer allowed. I encourage your comments, but put you name on the bottom line!