October 18, 2009

Congrats to the Neosho Daily News

Congrats to my friend 'Rickie' Rogers and his staff at the Neosho Daily News.  If you're not aware, the Daily recently received a number of awards from the Missouri Press Association Better Newspaper Contest.  Kudos as well to John Ford for his 2nd place showing for Best Editorial along with Wes Franklin for his 2nd place showing for Best Story About History.  Nice to see the boss got 3rd place for Best Photo Package.  (Haven't heard yet if it was for the aerials I helped with back in August.)

I have to say that I've been very please with the reporting I've seen during my tenure on the school board and the city council.  For the most part, they've always presented the news in a fair, balanced and informed position.  It's nice to have that kind of reporting daily in a smaller town like Neosho.

Keep up the great work, Superman.  The awards are well deserved by all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated before being posted. Postings are at the sole discretion of the blog moderator. Anonymous postings are no longer allowed. I encourage your comments, but put you name on the bottom line!