January 19, 2010

Band Storage Cabinets Almost Finished


After months of planning, building, and installing, the Neosho High School Band is another step closer to having a new set of storage cabinets for student and school instruments.  Yesterday, a few of my employees and a number of band students installed almost 200 doors and locks on the new cabinets.  Only a few cabinets remain to be delivered.

Rick Rogers and I first spoke last Fall about the need for new storage at the High School (where his wife is the band director.)  Being a former Neosho band member myself, I decided to help.  My company began designing and building cabinets for the band in October.  Until yesterday, those cabinets were more like cubbies, lacking doors and locks.  Now, they look like REAL cabinets.

When completed, the band will have over 200 individual slots to store all shapes and sizes of cabinets.  All of the cabinets were designed and built by my business, Marco Group, and were donated to the High School.  The cabinets are valued at $50,000.

Liking them so much, I’ve decided to market the cabinets to schools around the country.  We will debut our cabinets to the world at the Texas Music Educator Association convention next month in San Antonio.

4 comments:

  1. Fine arts programs need good supporters since funds are limited. You (and your company) are a great asset to the community and especially the Neosho Wildcat Band.

    Realistically, these lockers could also be used by employers for staff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks very nice! Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Richard,
    Those cabinets are sharp! I was a band geek at the old Parkwood High School in Joplin, and our storage facilities was an old, battered shelf — no doors, no locks, nothing. I hauled my trombone back and forth every day rather than risk it in the bandroom. These could very well be used in schools, employee locker rooms etc. all around the country.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated before being posted. Postings are at the sole discretion of the blog moderator. Anonymous postings are no longer allowed. I encourage your comments, but put you name on the bottom line!