January 4, 2010

True Commerce EDI - Not The Best

This post won't interest most of you, but based on how quick Google is picking up posts to this blog, I thought I'd post a comment regarding a new EDI package my business recently switched to.

Most of my customers require EDI to exchange information. For those that aren't familiar, EDI is basically an electronic exchange of information for orders, invoices, etc. For us, the data crosses back and forth via the internet.

Because EDI is it's own unique animal, I decided to 'outsource' our EDI processing. As things have grown and EDI has changed, I was tired of trying to keep up on the technology and wanted to quit being the inhouse IT guy to fix EDI whenever it broke. And since EDI has to somehow interface with our accounting system (MAS90), we went to the company who makes that software (SAGE) for guidance. Long story short - we wound up using a company called True Commerce. They were touted as 'the' sole solution provider specifically recommended by our software maker.

Let just say that I must be the first company in the world that had to use True Commerce and MAS90 together for customers like Wal-Mart and Office Depot. Nothing worked well to start, support was hard to coordinate, and even two months into it, we still have to manually keys simple things like discounts and allowances.

As much as I hated our old software and it's quirks, it was 10 times better than what we have now. So to those that land here after surfing for an EDI packing for MAS90, think twice before you jump in with True Commerce. Or at a minimum, email me. I'll give you some thoughts that might save you a few headaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated before being posted. Postings are at the sole discretion of the blog moderator. Anonymous postings are no longer allowed. I encourage your comments, but put you name on the bottom line!